Monday, June 6, 2016

ようすけ (Yosuke in Sano, Tochigi)

ようすけ

DSCF6679.jpg

I said goodbye to my ramen rider friends and did what I usually do. I went in search of another bowl. This was up in Sano City, a very important ramen zone in Japan, and I had to take advantage of the chance.

DSCF6676.jpg

Yosuke was also on my list of the best 50 ramen shops in Japan, and I'm kind of obsessed with checking them all off before the year ends (and they inevitable release another list).

DSCF6677.jpg

As I had just gorged on a full-size bowl across town, it was a relief to see that Yosuke has a half-size bowl. It's only 100 yen less, but I feel bad wasting noodles, especially when Sano ramen is known for the quality of their noodles.

DSCF6680.jpg

Another solid bowl, though the differences between the bowls I've had in Sano are minimal. Light shoyu soup, springy noodles, and some of the most tender pork in Japan.

DSCF6683.jpg

I don't think you'll have a problem getting a seat at Yosuke. The shop is huge, with tables for families and plenty of parking. I prefer smaller, more intimate shops, but out here in the countryside, land is cheap, so you might as well build something large.

DSCF6674.jpg

Map of 232 Tajimachō, Sano-shi, Tochigi-ken 327-0031, Japan

栃木県佐野市田島町232
Tochigi-ken, Sano-shi, Tajimacho 232
Closest station: Tajima

Open 11:00-21:00
Closed Tuesdays



No comments: