Thursday, June 9, 2016

やまぐち 辣式 (Yamaguchi Ratsushiki in Toyocho)

らぁ麺 やまぐち 辣式

DSCF6837.jpg

Yamaguchi in Takadanobaba is an amazing shop. It's featured as one of my favorite light, shoyu bowls in my book. As expected, I was blown away by my visit to Yamaguchi-san's second shop.

DSCF6846.jpg

While his first shop made a mark with their light soup, this time he's serving up a spicy mabomazemen, a soupless dish filled with hot and numbing spices.

DSCF6847.jpg

Basically, a thicker version of a soupless tantanmen.

DSCF6836.jpg

I say basically, but there was nothing basic about this bowl. Intense and in-your-face. The kick is strong, but bearable. I shouldn't say that with such certainty. I'm sure this one will hurt a few people.

DSCF6841.jpg

You can always go for their light shio. Also a winner.

DSCF6834.jpg

Yamaguchi makes their own noodles, and a soupless bowl is a great way to highlight the craft.

DSCF6849.jpg

Official Blog Here

Map of 4 Chome-6-3 Tōyō, Kōtō-ku, Tōkyō-to 135-0016, Japan

東京都江東区東陽4-6-3
Tokyo, Koto-ku, Toyo 4-6-3
Closest station: Toyocho

Open 11:30-15:00, 17:30-21:00
Closed Tuesday



No comments: