Monday, May 23, 2011

しまなみ苑 (Shimanamien in Ehime)

しまなみ苑

DSC_7770.jpg

There is a zero-point-small-amount percent chance you will make it to this shop. It's located on a remote island in the Seto Inland Sea. My adventure was not to this shop, but to visit a friend living on that remote island. A friend who's family has been making fish cakes for hundreds of years.

DSC_7768.jpg

He knows my obsession with noodles. And though I would have been happy with eating the local fish, he insisted on noodles.

DSC_7765.jpg

A very Chinese taste, with various fruits of the sea thrown on as toppings. It was nice, though I kind of pity my friend, since this is one of only a couple choices for ramen in a 100km radius. Poor guy has to be content eating fresh sushi and local farm produce everyday. Maybe I don't pity him that much.


愛媛県今治市吉海町仁江173−1
Ehime-ken, Imabari, Yoshiumicho 173-1

No comments: