Tuesday, May 24, 2011

三八 (Sanpa in Tokushima)

三八

DSC_8017.jpg

On the futon next to me at a local rider's inn (hotel for motorcycle riders... yes, Japan is a great place) was a friendly guy who went by the name of Mac. At the mention of ramen, he was quick to recommend a few spots. Sanpa has a few shops in Tokushima, and a week later I found myself staying near one of them.

DSC_8018.jpg

A local favorite, they make a monthly newspaper, featuring fan art from neighborhood children.

DSC_8020.jpg

Oh, the ramen. It's great. I was told it's the best chashu on Shikoku, and I'll agree with that 100%. Even though I've only had pork in chashu form a couple times out here, this tender and rich cut of meat gets my vote. The tonkotsu shoyu soup is a little different from the accepted Tokushima style.

DSC_8024.jpg

Tokushima was an interesting place. Nice beaches, an interesting array of nightlife, and plenty of good food. But a few hours after eating here, I loaded my motorcycle up and drove off into the sunrise.

DSC_8027.jpg



View Larger Map


徳島県徳島市北田宮2-467
Tokushima-ken, Tokushima-shi, Kitatamiya 2-467

Open 10:30-20:00
Closed Tuesdays and the 3rd Monday of the month

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Besides ramen, you definitely should post pics of your motorcycle, or you on it. Or someone on it.

Ramen Adventures said...

My Honda CB1000 makes an occasional appearance outside ramen shop.