Monday, October 30, 2017

溫柔鄉 (The Tender Land in Taipei)

溫柔鄉

DSCF0922.jpg

Yes, that is soupless tantanmen. But the story is so much more than that of just some good noodles.

DSCF0937.jpg

One of my awesome Instagram followers, Hungry in Taipei, was out in Korea while I was slurping my way around Taipei. But with the magic of the internet, no human interaction was required for a solid recommendation. She pointed me to a secret whiskey bar that serves a couple dishes every night; usually a meat dish and some kind of noodle dish from what I gathered.

DSCF0911.jpg

Tender Land opens at 11:00pm, and the entire place was full by 11:05. We grabbed a prime seat and started sampling. Yes, the entire bar is hanging from the ceiling.

DSCF0915.jpg

With such a variety, I had to try some lesser-known Taiwanese single malts from Omar.

DSCF0907.jpg

Excellent. Just the perfect side for some tantanmen. I had actually been recommended the beef noodles here, but they weren't on the menu this time. If I lived in Taipei I would just go every night until they had them.

DSCF0923.jpg

And a few more whiskys, naturally.

DSCF0928.jpg

I'm not connoisseur of this stuff, but a cocktail bar with a legit vibe is something I will always enjoy.

And I am fully aware that plenty of foodies are big into the Whisky scene. So for them, let me pay this one forward, The Tender Land is a must-hit in Taipei.

DSCF0930.jpg

Just remember that they are probably full when you come.

DSCF0935.jpg



No. 22, Lane 175, Jinzhou Street, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 10491

Open 11:00pm - 6:00am
Closed Friday and Saturday

No comments: