Thursday, October 12, 2017

凪 (Nagi in Taipei)

豚骨拉麵 Nagi 凪 大直店

DSCF0220.jpg



Nagi is a favorite of mine. They recently celebrated their 10th year, and though I wasn't there at the beginning, I was very close. I used to visit the original shop in Shibuya back in 2008 almost every Wednesday, have a bowl of their tonkotsu ramen, and chat with Natsu, the staff who was always there. It was a casual spot, without a a huge crowd, but it was a good, solid bowl of ramen, and it was one of the shops that started Ramen Adventures.

DSCF0236.jpg

Fast forward a few years, and they have shops all over Japan and Asia. A real success story.

DSCF0234.jpg

When I found that they had a few shops in Taipei, I decided to check it out on a recent trip. As always, a solid bowl of creamy tonkotsu ramen. Please check out my YouTube video for a bit more about their regular ramen.

DSCF0244.jpg

To my delight, they had a limited bowl on offer; a collaboration between Nagi and Might Quinn's BBQ from NYC. I'm interested!

DSCF0208.jpg

Smokehouse brisket with some pickle condiments.

DSCF0209.jpg

And a healthy layer of smoked brisket oil on top. This one was fantastic.

DSCF0212.jpg

I crushed not only the regular both, called the 豚王 or Original King, and a bowl of their limited BBQ collab, called the Mighty King, but a bowl of their soupless Mighty King. All were stellar.

I hear that they have this bowl quite often, though it is part of their rotating limited menu.

Here's hoping that Nagi inspired more people to have their own Ramen Adventures.

DSCF0220.jpg

Official site here.

DSCF0231.jpg



10491, Taiwan, Taipei City, Zhongshan District, Lequn 3rd Road, 301號

Open 11:30am-9:30pm
Friday and Saturday 11:30am-10:00pm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mighty Quinn! Nice nod to Dylan.
Tim R

Ramen Raff said...

Watched this episode a few weeks ago! Love Nagi!