Monday, October 23, 2017

桃源街牛肉麵 (Taoyuan Street Authentic Shandong Beef Noodle in Taipei)

桃源街牛肉麵

DSCF0945.jpg

Thank you to all of my followers on Instagram and Facebook. I put out a call for suggestions, and Taoyuan was one that came up again and again.

DSCF0947.jpg

Another shop claiming a championship win? My hopes drop when something has hype.

DSCF0940.jpg

But here, at Taoyuan Street Authentic Beef Noodle, the bowl spoke for itself.

It was actually the noodles that stood out for me. While most beef noodle places had noodles on the soft-ish side, these were firm and chewy.

One more thing to mention. I might have actually gone to the wrong shop. When reading reviews on the internet post-trip, many people say that this shop has no sign and a no photo policy. Did I enter the wrong place? Did I somehow give my praise to a place masquerading as another? Regardless, I liked this bowl the most out of any on my Taipei trip.

DSCF0943.jpg

For those who value my opinion, here is my ranking of beef noodle shops I visited, with only the top three being ones I would actually recommend:
  1. 桃源街牛肉麵 (Taoyuan Street Authentic Shandong Beef Noodle in Taipei)
  2. 林東芳牛肉麵 (Lin Dong Fang Beef Noodle in Taipei)
  3. 故宮晶華 (Silks Palace Noodle Beef Noodle in Taipei)
  4. 永康牛肉麵 (Yong Kang Beef Noodle in Taipei)
  5. 牛爸爸 (Niu Baba Beef Noodle in Taipei)
DSCF0948.jpg



桃源街11巷9號, Taipei
Noodle House · Zhōngzhèng Qū

Open 8:00-4:00pm
Closed Saturdays

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The no photo policy one is across the street! The entrance itself is down an alley though, and can be easy to miss. I don't know the opening hours/days either, so you may have been there on a day it was closed. Regardless, both places have great bowls (in my opinion) :)

The Beef Noodle Adventure™ has been a really cool mix up from the usual, and I hope you enjoyed your trip! I also hope you try the place across the street someday, it's my favorite in Taiwan.

gocchi said...

i agree! This taipei tour was refreshing and show how curious and eager of new flavor you are, travelling the world! Keep slurping brian!

Ramen Adventures said...

Lol. Next time I'll go for sure!