Thursday, January 9, 2014

そると (Soruto in Shimo-Kitazawa)

鶏そばつけそば そると

_DSC5367.jpg

I'm thinking of unsing the acronym JASR to describe my ongoing search for good shio ramen in Japan. Just Another Shio Ramen!



_DSC5363.jpg

But that's not to say that the bowl of chicken shio ramen at Soruto isn't recommended. The soup is nice and light, with perfectly matched thin noodles and a bevy of veggies on top. Roast sweet potato, eggplant, and tomato.

_DSC5365.jpg

JASR plays back to my childhood in America. Stateside, we don't really have shoyu, miso, or tonkotsu flavors in soups. But a clear chicken soup? That is a taste that your average American grows up with.

_DSC5368.jpg

Shimo-Kitazawa doesn't have many ramen shops, so Soruto manages to get a nod from me. But with so many great little yakitori shops and classy bistros in the area, I probably won't go back for JASR anytime soon.

_DSC5371.jpg



東京都世田谷区代沢5-36-13
Tokyo, Setagaya-ku, Kitazawa 5-36-13
Closest station: Shimo-Kitazawa

Open 11:30-1:30am

2 comments:

Steve D. said...

On the second day I was in Japan in December 2011, I travelled from Yokohama to Setagaya-ku to eat Keizo's ramen at Bassanova, only to discover that the shack is not open for lunch on weekdays.
I walked from Daita to Kitazawa. I found this ramen shack in Shimo-kitazawa.
I can't remember if it was north or south of the Odakyū tracks. But considering the circumstances, it was satisfying. Give it a shot the next time you're in Shimokita.

Ramen Adventures said...

I'll try and check it out!