Monday, January 27, 2014

El Dorado in Fussa

THE FINEST NOODLES EL DORADO

_DSC5523.jpg

The Jiraigan Syndicate produced one of my favorite ramen shops, Saikoro in Nakano. But the brains behind the business lives out near Fussa, about an hour from central Tokyo. Using his success in the more central branches, he recently opened a shop closer to home.

_DSC5527.jpg

The finest noodles!

I was out here for a random, non-ramen related adventure, and stopping by El Dorado on the way home was no problem.

_DSC5503.jpg

Homemade noodles are a standard at anything with the Jiraigen stamp on it.

_DSC5515.jpg

As is simplicity. The menu is shio or shoyu. With an egg or without. Extra pork on request.

_DSC5520.jpg

Fantastic, as expected. Always go for extra pork at a Jiraigen shop.

_DSC5525.jpg

This one is much lighter than the other shops, without that heavy niboshi kick that I really like at Saikoro. But lacking the kick is no problem, and every customer in the shop crushed this bowl completely.

_DSC5512.jpg

This shop is mere minutes from Yokotoa Air Base, so if any of my viewers are military men or women, check it out! I can't be sure, but it is probably better than the ramen on base!

_DSC5532.jpg



東京都福生市福生867-7
Tokyo, Fussa-shi, Fussa 867-7
Closest station: Fussa

Open 12:00-2:30, there is a night menu but I can't find the hours

1 comment:

initialize said...

This is too funny considering I'm stationed at Yokota Air Base! I'll definitely check this out soon; I honestly didn't know if there were any decent ramen places in Fussa.... well now I know!

Also, thank you much for all the ramen reviews... I'm trying to cross off all the "best of the best" ramen joints before I leave here. I've been following your site for quite some time now!

Oh and I'm pretty sure there's not any decent ramen on base... just prepackaged stuff :)