Wednesday, September 26, 2012

鶏そば 一瑳 (Torisoba Issa in Urawa)

鶏そば 一瑳

IMG_0099.jpg

Urawa lies north of Tokyo. I met a friend for drinks, and the locals all pointed to Issa as the best ramen in town.

IMG_0096.jpg

Homemade noodles and a choice of thin or thick chicken soups. The staff told me to go with the lighter soup for my first time.

IMG_0100.jpg

Fantastic. I really like the way that the toppings are all cut into thin strips to match the thin noodles.

IMG_0102.jpg

We were in quite a drunken state for this bowl, due to a nearby 300 yen nomihodai. Nomihodai is all you can drink, a common concept in Japan. And 300 yen is less than $4. I usually prefer a heavy soup as hangover prevention medicine, but this light soup did the trick.

IMG_0094.jpg



埼玉県さいたま市浦和区高砂1-8-11
Saitama-ken, Saitama-shi, Urawaku, Takasago 1-8-11
Closest station: Urawa

Open 11:00-15:00, 18:00-25:00

2 comments:

Steve D. said...

This is also the first ramen shack I found on Supleks.
The second one was TETSU, but since it would be evening (meaning chicken would be on), we can skip it.
The 3rd spot is @ 1-2-8 Nakacho, and a 4th one is distant from it @ 2-10-12 Nakacho.
What was the beer bar to where you met your friend? Was it Craft Beer Baby, or Barbee's Belgian Beer Bar?

Ramen Adventures said...

It wasn't craft, just some cheap izakaya if I remember.