Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hachi in Shinjuku

HACHI

_DSC7569.jpg

Hachi was a recommendation from a friend who says she knows the owner. Maybe I heard the shop's name wrong, or maybe she doesn't know which shop is which, but the tencho here was confused as all when I tried talking to him about our mutual friend.

_DSC7571.jpg

Regardless, Hachi is in all the magazines, so I guess it is worth a try.

_DSC7567.jpg

It was a bit underwhelming. Not a lot going on.

_DSC7565.jpg

Counter-top condiments to the rescue. The shop has not one, but two secret blends for your seasoning needs. The dry mix looks to have half a dozen or so spices to grind into your soup. And the ceramic jar, it is a fishy tare sauce that adds some much needed depth to the ramen.

I usually don't flavor my ramen too much, but here I doused it. It made it better.

_DSC7573.jpg




東京都新宿区西新宿7-18-7
Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Nishi-Shinjuku 7-18-7
Closest station: Shinjuku

Open 11:00-15:00, 17:00-23:00
Closed on the 4th Sunday of the month

3 comments:

thegypsie said...

The egg looks like a yawning baby, cute.

HMiki said...

Orion, an Ishigakijima-themed place, was great. I was recommended by several people the Ishigaki shio tsukesoba. Though not a tsukemen person myself, it was impressive. Thick spaghetti-like home-made noodles in a tonkotsu based soup with a hint of fish.
http://ramendb.supleks.jp/s/30320.html

Ramen Adventures said...

I will check out Orion!