Wednesday, September 5, 2012

ラーメン棒 (Ramen . . . stick?)

ラーメン棒

_DSC7478.jpg

New kanji for you. 棒 means stick or pole. And the above is a pole of ramen.

_DSC7451.jpg

The winner of yet another B-kyu gourmet challenge, this one out in Nara, the Ramen Stick was making a brief appearance in Tokushima for the Awaodori festival. Let's try!

_DSC7459.jpg

It's basically heavily flavored noodles, a piece of pork, and egg wrapped up in a tortilla.

Does that sound good?

_DSC7468.jpg

You bet it sounds good! Japan is late to the wrap game. Back in my home state of California, we wrap anything and everything. The success of the Ramen Stick should be a wake-up call. More tortilla!

_DSC7474.jpg

I don't know if I am joking or not, but this was a tasty snack. Emphasis on the snack. At only 400 yen, it wasn't pricey. But a mildly hungry dude could easily finish five of these.

_DSC7461.jpg

Does this count as an empty bowl? Kanshoku!

_DSC7481.jpg

I've also heard of B-kyu gourmet ramen burgers, expect the search to continue.

_DSC7455.jpg

They have a shop in Nara, apparently. Check the site for more info.

5 comments:

thegypsie said...

This is awesome!!! I would try this, I love tortillas. I will admit I had a chili cheese fry burrito once and hated it. (I blame the low quality, Der Wienerschnitzel.) I can't quite tell but is the tortilla flour or wheat?

Kurt said...

How in hell did you manage to eat that without spilling everything .. especially the egg?

jdcb42 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jdcb42 said...

I tried a ramen burger once at a matsuri at Tsurumai Park in Nagoya. Truly awful. They heated it over a Toyu burner and it tasted like kerosene and was ¥600. These look like the real deal though. Cheers for your site, I always look forward to receiving your reviews in my inbox too. Keep up the good work.

Ramen Adventures said...

Someone won (yet another) B-kyu gourmet festival with a ramen burger. The search is on!