Saturday, September 8, 2012

金久右衛門 (Kinguemon in Osaka)

金久右衛門

_DSC7495.jpg

I didn't have much time in Osaka this time around, so I was only able to sample one shop. My friends, who work in the Namba entertainment area doing things that I probably can't talk about, took me here.

_DSC7489.jpg

Osaka black. My recent foray into black ramen was disappointing, how would the Osaka version fare?

_DSC7484.jpg

You can go with gold, red, or black. The black had won some TV show thing. Yes, TV contests in Japan are all rigged, but it is worth a try.

_DSC7499.jpg

Excellent. The shoyu is just rich enough to let you know that it is something special, but not so much that you are on shoyu overload. Good job Osaka!

This shop was right in the middle of Namba, as area that is mega-famous for the food. Takoyaki stands have a religious following here. Okonomiyaki, too. I won't blame you for skipping ramen on your first time here.

_DSC7500.jpg

But on your second visit, Osaka black!




大阪府大阪市中央区道頓堀1-4-17
Osaka, Osaka-shi, Chuo-ku, Dotanburi 1-4-17
Open 11:00-late

No comments: