Thursday, May 18, 2017

匠堂 (Takumido in Sagamihara)

麺屋 匠堂

DSCF6889.jpg

This spot, way out in Sagamihara, was on my ever-growing list of shops to try. I can't remember who told me about it though. A ramen nerd acquaintance? A drinking buddy? A random dude on the street? Either way, I always mark recommendations, no matter how obscure, and hit them up if I'm in the area.

DSCF6886.jpg

Well, I was in the area with some friends (you'll need a car for this one) and we popped in.

DSCF6887.jpg

Recommendations, おすすめ, are:
  1. Special shio ramen.
  2. Tsukemen with extra green onion and pork.
  3. Spicy mazesoba with cheese.
I'll go for No. 3!

DSCF6894.jpg

A big bowl of junk food. Mix it up and go to town.

DSCF6901.jpg

Well, I don't think it was a ramen nerd who recommended this one. Very oily, with a handful of store-bought processed cheese thrown on top.

The rest of the menu (we tried a few bowls) was mediocre as well.

DSCF6905.jpg

In reality, this is a typical local shop, where families can come for a meal. The atmosphere was comfortable, and there are a few side menu items to satisfy the kids while mom and dad have a beer.

DSCF6883.jpg

Map of 7 Chome-8-15 Hashimoto, Midori-ku, Sagamihara-shi, Kanagawa-ken 252-0143

神奈川県相模原市緑区橋本7-8-16
Kanagawa-ken, Sagamihara-shi, Midori-ku, Hashimoto 7-8-16
Closest station: Hashimoto

Open 11:30-15:00, 18:00-22:00
Closed Mondays