Thursday, November 24, 2016

Shinshin in Fukuoka

博多らーめん ShinShin 天神本店

DSCF2121.jpg

I forgot who, but someone told me that Shinshin was their favorite spot for Hakata ramen. With a location just minutes from where I get my hair cut locally (Frank's Chop Shop), I had to go.

DSCF2114.jpg

I love when Hakata ramen restaurants have a massive side menu.

DSCF2115.jpg

I especially love when they have mentaiko, spicy cod roe. It is one of the best things in Japan.

DSCF2118.jpg

Hakata ramen and mentaiko, it's a classic combo.

DSCF2124.jpg

Shinshin was strictly normal for me. Very group friendly, as you can get a few things on the side of your noodles, drink a few glasses of strong Kyushu shochu, and kick back.

DSCF2125.jpg

A famous local spot indeed, you'll find all your favorite Japanese celebs have been here.

DSCF2116.jpg

Official site here.

DSCF2113.jpg

Map of 3 Chome-2-19 Tenjin, Chūō-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka-ken 810-0001

福岡県福岡市中央区天神3-2-19
Fukuoka, Fukuoka-shi, Chuo-ku, Tenjin 3-2-19
Closest station: Tenjin

Open 11:00-3:00am
Closed Sundays