Monday, November 28, 2016

道 (Michi in Ikebukuro)

つけめん 油そば 道

DSCF2146.jpg

Oops! I went to the wrong shop.

DSCF2141.jpg

You see, there is a shop called Michi. It's a shop that sits high on my list of bowls to crush. In fact, Michi is #1 on that looming list of the 50 best shops in Japan that I have been trying to complete.

DSCF2142.jpg

So I went here, to a shop called Michi. But that word, Michi, simply means road, and there are countless shops with this name. I had, in typical me fashion, not done my research.

DSCF2143.jpg

No wonder there was no line.

DSCF2148.jpg

Not a bad shop, but nothing special. Just a normal tsukemen shop. This one was a bit in the Marucho style, a style which I love. But since it is only a few stations from the Meijiro Marucho, I'd say skip it and head there instead.

DSCF2140.jpg

Map of 3 Chome-3-2 Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tōkyō-to 170-0014

東京都豊島区池袋3-3-2
Tokyo, Toshima-ku, Ikebukuro 3-3-2
Closest station: Kanamecho

Open 11:00-2:00am

1 comment:

Steve D. said...

OK, but anytime I see "Closest station: Kanamecho", my brain clicks on ~ 'That's the station the closest to The Cat and the Cask pub' - which Wayne, its proprietor, seemingly prefers I do not mention on the World-Wide Web. (He wants locals, not visitors from overseas. 8={# )
If you, Brian, want to visit there, and give him a rough time, go ahead. !=)#