Thursday, November 13, 2014

兎に角 (Tonikaku in Matsudo)

兎に角

DSCF6750.jpg

If you find yourself in Matsudo, you should really go to Tomita. The tsukemen there is considered by many to be the best in Japan. Who are these many I speak of? For one, Tomita is the number one ranked shop over at the Ramen Database.

But what if you are in the mood for something with a slightly shorter line?

DSCF6747.jpg

Tonikaku serves three heavy bowls; a ramen, a tsukemen, and a soupless aburasoba.

DSCF6749.jpg

Intense. And for me, a bit too much. Fans of thick, porky ramen may disagree with me here.

This shop is in the same ramen group as Tomita, if that makes any difference to you.

DSCF6751.jpg

I was feeling a bit wrecked after this bowl. What to do? Magic tea to the rescue!

DSCF6753.jpg

からだすこやか茶 - Karada Sukoyaka Cha - Healthy Body Tea

This tea has been a big hit in Japan recently. The tea contains ingredients to battle the adverse effects of all those carbohydrates and fat. I'm not sure if it is just a placebo, but I was feeling great an hour later!

DSCF6752.jpg



千葉県松戸市根本462
Chiba-ken, Matsudo-shi, Nemoto 462
Closest station: Matsudo

Open 11:00-23:00

No comments: