Monday, December 23, 2013

あらとん (Araton in Shinjuku)

あら焚き豚骨 あらとん 新宿御苑店

_DSC5252.jpg

I don't make it up to Hokkaido very often, so when a popular shop Sapporo shop opens up a few minutes from my front door, I get excited. This one instantly went on the list in the back of my daily planner. See anything you have an opinion about?

_DSC5257.jpg

一番でっせ。The best, you say?

_DSC5250.jpg

I have to disagree.

_DSC5251.jpg

I wasn't feeling this one. Araton is a shoyu ramen, not the miso that you would expect. They did, however, manage to impart some of the warming thickness that makes miso ramen such a wonderful thing up in the north.

The bowl had a funky aftertaste, a kind of onion overload, that made this a one-off for me.

_DSC5253.jpg

Official Site Here

_DSC5256.jpg



東京都新宿区新宿1-4-12 シティ御苑A館1F
Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Shinjuku 1-3-12
Closest station: Shinjukugyoenmae

Open 11:00-22:30
Weekends 11:00-18:00

No comments: