Sunday, July 14, 2013

RISE in Yao, Osaka

らーめん工房 RISE

IMG_0145.jpg

I mentioned that I had work in Osaka. Well, Osaka is a big place. I'd never heard of Yao Station before. When I asked a Tokyo friend if there were any ramen shops in Yao, he laughed. "I don't know, but that place is kind of shady!"

His words.

IMG_0144.jpg

You see, Yao is on the famed Kintetsu train line, servicing the southern lip of Osaka. Most of this southern border looks the same. Four and five story nondescript apartments, old shotengai, and rust. If you know Saitama . . . it is a lot like that.

IMG_0147.jpg

So the ramen here at RISE, which stands for Ramen Interact Safe Entertainment (??), wasn't that hot. You could probably say it is the best in Yao, though that would just be success by exclusiveness.

IMG_0149.jpg

Ramen Interact Safe Entertainment.

IMG_0150.jpg

I wish this ramen was better. Yao is only a few minutes from Nagase Station, home of the Osaka Ramen School that I am helping to promote. Looks like the best ramen in the neighborhood is made by . . . you!

http://www.ramenadventures.com/p/osaka-ramen-school.html

IMG_0151.jpg



大阪府八尾市本町3-11-22
Osaka, Yao-shi, Honmachi 3-11-22
Closest station: Kintetsu-Yao

Open 11:30-14:00, 18:00-22:00
Closed Thursdays

1 comment:

通りすがり said...

大阪のラーメンを色々味わって帰ってくださいね♪