Monday, July 22, 2013

まぜまぜムタヒロ (Mutahiro Mazemaze in Kokubunji)

まぜまぜムタヒロ

_DSC3338.jpg

What's with Mutahiro and Kokubunji Station? The first shop is on the south side. The second shop is on the north. Why even bother with a third, you've got the town covered!

_DSC3324.jpg

But it is all about style with Mutahiro. Different shops for different styles. While the other two do a niboshi and chicken ramen, respectively, this new one is mazesoba.

_DSC3325.jpg

I've got my VIP sticker on my phone, and this is opening day.

_DSC3326.jpg

I should mention why I think this is strange, opening a third shop here. Kokubunji isn't such a massive station. Less than 20 minutes from Shinjuku, there are at least five other stations in the vicinity that would get more business. But maybe it isn't about business. Maybe it is just all about love for Kokubunji.

_DSC3335.jpg

And this dude has it!

_DSC3343.jpg

The mazesoba definitely falls below the other two on my list, with the mound of moyashi bean sprouts being a massive negative point for me. I just can't get into them, and the fact that they are classified as a vegetable is kind of a joke.

_DSC3347.jpg

But with the heavy tare and plenty of stir-fried pork, the bowl comes together in the end. Check this one out after the others. Who knows, maybe you live in Kokubunji!

What will shop number four be? Jiro-kei? Tantanmen? Give it an about a year, at this rate.

_DSC3322.jpg

Official Site Here



東京都国分寺市本町2-13-8
Tokyo, Kokubunji-shi, Honcho 2-13-8
Closest station: Kokubunji

Open 11:30-15:00, 18:00-23:00
Closed Tuesdays

1 comment:

Limo said...

This is literally 30 secs from my apartment :-)