Wednesday, May 29, 2013

十二社 (Juniso in Shinjuku)

めん処 十二社

_DSC1737.jpg

A few doors down from the coin laundry I use, on a side street next to the local Dominos Pizza delivery center, is Juniso.

_DSC1741.jpg

This could be a possible contender for a consistent late-night bowl; if they were only open late.

_DSC1739.jpg

Everything was solid, nothing stood out. The atmosphere was that of your average just-off-the-main-road ramen shop in Japan.

_DSC1740.jpg

It is a funky spot, Nishi-Shinjuku-4-Chome. Technically, it is the closest residential hood to the famous skyscraper district (unless you count the massive homeless population in nearby Chuo Park). But despite what I imagine would be a flashy part of town, everything here is positively ancient. Crumbling old houses, 30 year old noodle shops, I even found a well for getting ground water.

Yep, this is my home.

_DSC1742.jpg


View Larger Map


東京都新宿区西新宿4-16-3
Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Nishi-Shinjuku 4-16-3
Closest station: Nishishinjukugochome

Open 11:00-15:00, 17:00-21:00

2 comments:

Yumi said...

Hello! I'm watching TBS and get to know you! I just wanna say Hi and tell you about information.
Do you like つけめん?Then you should visit Hiroshima and eat 広島つけめん :)!! We have a lot of store which is good!

Ramen Adventures said...

I love Hiroshima style tsukemen. Spicy!