Monday, March 18, 2013

オールウェイズ (Always in Nagasaki)

麺也 オールウェイズ

_DSC9852.jpg

I take all recommendations seriously. And when fellow Yahoo! Japan Ramen Ambassador Anna suggested this as her #1 in Nagasaki, I made sure to go.

_DSC9849.jpg

Did Always name their restaurant with a glimpse of the future? Because if I lived in Nagasaki, I would always be going! (to this part of town because this is where all the ramen shops seem to be)

_DSC9854.jpg

Tonkotsu soup (is there any other in Kyushu?) with all the trimmings.

_DSC9856.jpg

The egg is local Nagasaki grown. The egg is good.

_DSC9857.jpg

I had just eaten a few minutes before this bowl, so I didn't get the house special, aptly named Always Ramen. It looked great, though, with five pieces of their excellent chashu and a mound of julienned carrot.

Also on the menu is a lemon ramen with おすすめ printed next to it.

_DSC9858.jpg

Expect a line.

_DSC9859.jpg

Official Site Here


View Larger Map


長崎県長崎市万屋町5-22
Nagasaki-ken, Nagasaki-shi, Yorozuyamachi 5-22
Closest station: Shianbashi

Open 11:00-15:00, 18:00-24:00
Closed some Thursdays

1 comment:

Oliver said...

Great blog - makes me nearly wish I lived in Kanto.