Sunday, November 21, 2010

むつみ屋 東京ラーメンストリー (Mutsumiya at the Tokyo Ramen Street)

むつみ屋 東京ラーメンストリー

20101117-DSC_3808

The last time I went to Mutsumiya, on the Tokyo Station Ramen Street, I enjoyed the bowl, but wasn't blown away. Maybe a second chance is in order. Well, I was in the mood for miso, and had forgotten my usual stack of ramen literature, so it seemed like a good choice.

20101117-DSC_3802

Somehow I really enjoyed it this time around. Maybe it was the limited edition gyoza.

20101117-DSC_3807

Definitely on the more unusual side of collaborations. This actor, Sho Aikawa, looked familiar, bit it wasn't until I got home that I realized what a fan I am of his. You see, he's been in a number of Takahashi Miike movies, of which I've seen many. Not for the faint of heart, these films deal with Yakuza and ultraviolence. Memories of Rainy Dogs and Fudoh, and of course the Dead or Alive Trilogy. But this mashup between performer and ramen shop is actually to promote one I haven't seen; Zebraman.


Did I mention that Miike's movies are a bit strange?

20101117-DSC_3805

Either way, the gyoza was delicious.

1 comment:

PudgyM29 said...

Takahashi Miike's movies are a bit strong.
But they pale compared to Kaoru Adachi's videos for V & R Planning. !=)