Monday, August 28, 2017

吉虎 (Kichitora in Shibuya)

吉虎 東京

IMG_1237.jpg

I couldn't figure this one out. I think, but I'm not sure, that this shop first opened in Manila, in the Philippines, before opening a shop in downtown Shibuya. Or maybe it is the other way around.

IMG_1236.jpg

Anyways, the staff were about half Japanese and half foreigners, and they laughed at me when I got a small size (150g) bowl of tsukemen. I was informed that they were all the same price.

Dude, maybe I'm just not hungry!

IMG_1231.jpg

Maybe I was just saving room for desert!

IMG_1233.jpg

I mean, you wouldn't want to eat The Asian strongest almond jelly on a full stomach.

IMG_1239.jpg

If you are worried about pork, this bowl is no problem. The soup is a creamy chicken paitain style, but still rich and meaty.

IMG_1240.jpg

Before you finish, you can order some jyajyamen topping.

IMG_1242.jpg

Spicy ground meat hit with spices. No charge!

Very tourist-friendly.

Yeah, food for Shibuya's Center Gai shopping (and drinking) street.

IMG_1241.jpg

Official (overseas) site here.

IMG_1230.jpg



東京都渋谷区宇田川町31-9
Tokyo, Shibuya-ku, Udagawacho 31-9
Closest station: Shibuya

Open 11:00-24:00
Sundays 11:00-23:00

2 comments:

Steve D. said...

My Frequent Flyer profile on both United and American Airlines has me noting I prefer the "Kosher" meal option, even though I am not Kosher (or even Jewish) [Long story short: One too many times served a ham and cheese sandwich on a morning flight from Chicago to Kansas City - covering indoor soccer].
When I hit Tokyo for the first time in December 2005, I latched upon an article in Metropolis magazine detailing how difficult it was for vegetarians to find suitable cuisine.
I'm not vegetarian | vegan. But if I can avoid eating pork, which I understand is nearly impossible {sigh} when having ramen; that would be nice.

Ramen Adventures said...

There are many shops that focus on chicken these days. Look for torisoba or toripaitan. Anything tori is chicken.