Monday, July 10, 2017

和海 (Nagomi in Hyogo)

らーめん専門 和海

DSCF7898.jpg

Forty six down, four to go. You see, I have this list (check it here) of ramen shops that were dubbed the best 50 in Japan by Tabelog. I became obsessed with this list, but there is a problem; some shops are very far away.

DSCF7900.jpg

Nagomi is out in Hyogo Prefecture, on the way to Kobe Station. Not a problem if I live anywhere in Kansai, but for a Kanto guy like myself, I don't make it out here enough. Add to that the lunch only service, which always sells out, and this turns into a once in a blue moon ramen adventure.

DSCF7891.jpg

Although the shop recommends the 塩ミックス, a bowl with double the normal meat toppings, I went with the standard.

DSCF7895.jpg

Creamy chicken soup topped with two kinds of chicken chashu and a tasty piece of pork. Quite a knockout bowl. The round bread things are a signature of this shop, and of their sister shop just a few kilometers north.

DSCF7893.jpg

I loved this one, but I have to say I liked the other Nagomi more. This is a topic of discussion for locals, with the original shop slightly leading. Regardless, both are considered some of the best slurps in the prefecture.

DSCF7889.jpg



兵庫県尼崎市武庫川町2丁目19-3
Hyogo Prefecture, Amagasaki-shi, Mukogawa-cho 2-19-3
4 minute walk from Mukogawa Station

Open 11:30-15:30
Closed Sundays and Mondays