Monday, January 18, 2016

鳳凛 (Horin in Fukuoka)

らーめん屋 鳳凛 春吉店

DSCF4120.jpg

I love a good bowl in Fukuoka. Rich tonkotsu soup, thin, firm (katame) noodles, and just a touch of toppings. But I'm not afraid to admit that my palate is unaccustomed to this style. I've had some very good bowls before, and a lot of decent bowls. In the realm of decent, all these Hakata-style bowls are a blur.

DSCF4129.jpg

Horin is strictly decent. I had a busy day of work the next morning, and this was the closest shop with a high rating near the hotel. I wanted to visit the famed yatai of the area, portable food carts serving ramen and drinks, but those are more of a late night thing.

DSCF4122.jpg

Horin was just what I needed before bed.

DSCF4124.jpg

I know this review isn't of much use, but like I said, it's a sea of decentness.

I would love some recommendations for shops in Fukuoka. I'm usually a bit busy with work when I am in town, but can make the trek for an exceptional bowl.

DSCF4130.jpg

Official site here.

DSCF4131.jpg

Map of 3 Chome-21-15 Haruyoshi, Chūō-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka-ken 810-0003

福岡県福岡市中央区春吉3-21-15
Fukuoka-ken, Fukuoka-shin, Chuo-ku, Haruyoshi 3-21-15
Closest station: Tenjin

Open 11:30-5:00am
Weekends until 6:00am

1 comment:

Kozo said...

I try to go to 玄瑛 ramen theatre whenever I visit Fukuoka. I heard they opened some reservation-only place in Roppongi recently.