Thursday, December 10, 2015

Ramen Adventures on Social Media

2015, A Great Year for Ramen.

It's been an amazing year for Ramen Adventures. Ramen in Tokyo is progressively getting better and better, in my opinion, and the ramen scene overseas is following suit.

My goal with Ramen Adventures has been to entertain and inform. The blog format works for writing and photography. Two posts a week, Mondays and Thursdays. This is a pace I can live with.

Not everyone is big on drawn out posts with words and more than one photo. I know that there are Instagrammers, Youtubers, and those who just live on Twitter. Ramen Adventures is on all of those, with each one a little different. I'm grateful for the support on whichever social media platform you love.

Instagram:


I don't like live-posting anything, but dozens of people have told me that I need to be on Instagram. So I've been posting five shots every Friday, with some random bits of culinary Japan thrown in throughout the week for good measure.

YouTube:

I'm actually doubled up on YouTube at the moment. My Ramen Adventure channel, produced by Yummy Japan, has been a bit slow of late. I'm hoping to change that in the coming year, with my goal of 50 videos in sight.



I'm also working with #tokyoextra, produced by Tokyo Broadcasting. These collaboration videos are broadcast over the air and on YouTube live on Sunday nights in Japan. I've been teaming up with some of the girls from AKB48 to introduce a variety of shops.



If either of these channels appeal to you, please subscribe. The producers of these videos were expecting that a high traffic blog like Ramen Adventures would mean hundreds of thousands of views, but that isn't really the result.

Twitter:

I'm on Twitter @ramenadventures, but this is just an automatic system that tweets when a post goes live.

Facebook:

Facebook is where I post about events, my favorite bowls, and where I have the most direct interaction.

https://www.facebook.com/ramenadventure/


Happy 2015 holidays, and have a great New Year! 明けましておめでとう。今からよろしくお願いします。

5 comments:

Kurt Mifsud Bonnici said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kurt Mifsud Bonnici said...

Hey dude .. it's been great following your adventures these past 4+ years. Here's hoping for many more. :)

Ramen Adventures said...

Thanks! Nothing is ending anytime soon.

Unknown said...

When you signed up with Tokyo Extra, was there a policy saying that you can't make independent vlogs about your ramen adventures? I thought that was the case when we started seeing you on the program.

Ramen Adventures said...

When I work with TV, there is never any stipulation about ending my other vlog. Permission needs to be given to use content from one platform to another, but in general media people like the extra exposure.