Monday, April 1, 2013

四麺燈 (Shimendo in Ogikubo)

四麺燈

IMG_0367.jpg

The first thing I noticed was the smell. There are two kinds of ramen-shop smells that I don't mind. Of course, an odorless shop is fine by me. The other is one that stinks from a mile away. At least you know what you are getting into.

IMG_0364.jpg

Maybe it was the ramen sandals on the wall, but this place stunk after I sat down. Funky.

IMG_0371.jpg

After a bite of all that garlic, you won't be smelling much anymore. By the way, the above is a half size order of ramen. Yeah, this is ramen for dudes who like this exact kind of ramen.

IMG_0369.jpg

I am not one of those types of guys, so this one wasn't for me.

IMG_0365.jpg

I always expect a backlash when I speak out against these pork and garlic shops, but no one seems to mind.

IMG_0373.jpg

Official Site Here


View Larger Map


東京都杉並区上荻2-40-11
Tokyo, Suginami-ku, Kamiogi 2-40-11
Closest station: Ogikubo

Open 11:30-24:00
Sundays and holidays until 22:00

3 comments:

Michael Vito said...

I kind of want to do Jiro-kei with you just to watch the takedown in real time :)

キュウ said...

こんばんわ!日本人です。
私もラーメンが好きで毎週3食くらいは食べているかな。
ブログはまだ記事が多くないけど、頑張ってレポートします。
http://ohholymoly.wordpress.com
一応、今回は挨拶ということで!また来ます^^

Ramen Adventures said...

キュウ、ブログを見ました。ありがとう!