Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Nara in Bangkok

กรุงเทพมหานคร Nara

_DSC0764.jpg

Calling the Thai dish of boat noodles ramen would be like calling Vietnamese Pho spaghetti. But since I'm here in Bangkok searching for great local food, I might as well show you what I found.

Boat noodles are, by definition, rice noodles in a beefy broth that is flavor-enhanced with blood. All kinds of beef or pork parts can make their way in as toppings. This is an intense dish. From the amount of local press, some people are fanatical about this dish. Almost as fanatical as I am about ramen!

_DSC0766.jpg

Here at Nara, the spicy version came recommended.

It was just so-so. The toppings, various cuts of beef and pork, were quite nice. But the soup was boring. And I'm never a huge fan of rice noodles that look like ramen noodles.

But, like most food in Thailand, it was super cheap. A mango smoothie from the same shop costs more than the bowl of noodles.

_DSC0772.jpg

Official Site Here

No comments: