Wednesday, December 19, 2012

海老だしの哲 (Ebidashi Tetsu in Setagaya)

海老だしの哲

_DSC8463.jpg

I get overly excited about stamp rallies.  What better way to justify an unending appetite for noodles than with a convenient excuse.

I don't need to eat all this ramen, but if I eat eight bowls, I can win some chopsticks!

_DSC8468.jpg

And I got overly excited for another reason.  This shop, promising a shrimp based soup, is produced by TETSU, one of the best tsukemen places in Tokyo.  I like shrimp, and I like TETSU.

_DSC8467.jpg

But despite my finishing the dregs of this bowl, my previous overreaction was severely balanced by the under-performance of this bowl.  Nothing stood out, and I would say the only memorable thing about this shop was it's location on a bustling shopping street in the often overlooked southern edges of Tokyo.

_DSC8470.jpg

Official Site


View Larger Map


東京都品川区平塚1-8-1
Tokyo, Shinagawa-ku, Hiratsuka 1-8-1
Closest station: Togoshiginza

Open 11:00-15:30, 17:00-23:00
Weekends 11:00-24:00

No comments: