Monday, December 10, 2012

666 in Setagaya

666

_DSC8308.jpg

How do you think I became such a famous ramen personality?  Making thousands of dollars a week from ad referrals, selling books by the series, appearing on my own Food Network show.  Well, I sold me soul to the devil, that's how!  And now he's here to collect. (cue the creepy mood music)

_DSC8315.jpg

Then I woke up.  My ad referral payments amount to about five bowls of ramen a year.  The book idea was crushed by some execs at the publisher.  And my presence on TV only occurs when a Japanese morning show wants a token white guy to slurp some noodles.  But at least the Satan part is coming true! (you still have that music cued?)

_DSC8307.jpg

This newcomer is a winner.  Just look at these toppings.  Rare cuts of marinated pork, and perfectly broiled, tender chicken breast.

_DSC8310.jpg

The soup is a rich niboshi-shoyu, though they have a shio on hand as well.  I heard through the ramen-vine that the shoyu is much better.

_DSC8312.jpg

It is unknown why the 666 theme.  The shop's BGM isn't any kind of Norwegian death metal, and there's nothing on the walls aside from a poster of Rafaello's angels. Satan was an angel once.

_DSC8677.jpg

If you really want to get down, go for the ニボガツ.  It's a serious kick in the pants of niboshi and garlic.

_DSC8317.jpg

Official Site Here


View Larger Map


東京都世田谷区駒沢4-19-11
Tokyo, Setagaya-ku, Komazawa 4-19-11
Closest station: Komazawadaigaku

Open 11:30-15:00, 18:00-1:00am
Closed Mondays

1 comment:

thegypsie said...

Hey have you though of maybe self publishing and maybe creating a kickstarter page? I think you would have supporters worldwide, I know I would be supporting.
666 is a place I would go to for the food but also to say I ate at some place called 666 :) Nice post man.