Monday, August 13, 2012

弥彦の夏限定 - Summer Special at Yahiko

弥彦の夏限定

_DSC6648.jpg

Three of my favorite things:

_DSC6643.jpg

My bicycle. Finding a 22 inch mountain bike in Japan was tough.

Ramen.

_DSC6651.jpg

And Mexican spices. Actually, I am a complete chili nut. Growing up in California, I had ample access to a dozen or so varieties of dried and fresh chilis. Pasella, pobleno, ancho . . . I learned how to cook with them all.

_DSC6647.jpg

This is a great limited special, but don't expect much Mexican flair. Japan is probably one of the least knowledgeable countries in the world when it comes to real Mexican cuisine. Yahiko goes a step beyond the standard taco-taste, albeit a small step. Corn, tomatoes, and some tortilla chips account for the Mexican toppings, and a chili spice mix is added to their always excellent curry soup.

_DSC6658.jpg

I would actually recommend their original curry tsukemen over this. But if you want to do the whole summer limited thing, you won't be disappointed.

_DSC6659.jpg

Eleven secret spices? Not a secret anymore!

_DSC6663.jpg

No comments: