Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chianti Lunchtime Ramen

Chianti

_DSC6851.jpg

Chianti is a slightly overpriced chain of Italian eateries, with shops all over the country, mostly in Tokyo. Not exactly my kind of place to eat at.

_DSC6852.jpg

My daily bicycle commute takes me past one of these shops, so the opening of a special lunchtime Italian ramen shop was quickly noticed. Anticipation was high. The Buono! Buono! at the bottom of the noren hinted that maybe, just maybe, this was a reincarnation of long-closed Buono Buono in Nakameguro, one of the best Italian tomato ramen shops I have been to.

_DSC6846.jpg

Unfortunately . . . no relation.

Unfortunately . . . tasted like Cambell's Soup with some instant noodles tossed in.

Unfortunately . . . there was a hair in my oshibori (moist hand cloth).

_DSC6847.jpg

Skip it.

_DSC6843.jpg




東京都中野区本町2-29-13
Tokyo, Nakano-ku, Honmachi 2-29-13
Closest station: Nakanosakaue

Open 11:45-14:00
Closed Weekends

No comments: