Monday, February 13, 2012

GOODMEN in Kashiwa

GOODMEN

_DSC2688.jpg

I had a full day planned in Hibarigaoka. Work, book-ended by ramen. Lucky for me, Hibarigaoka is just a short bicycle ride away. Or so I thought.

_DSC2683.jpg

Turns out that this Hibarigaoka is an hour away, in Chiba of all places. Chiba is hot on the ramen scene, but low on my radar. A quick search showed a ton of places near Kashiwa station. Rather than read reviews, I went for the the one with the name.

_DSC2696.jpg

The logo may have played a part in the decision as well.

_DSC2686.jpg

GOODMEN is your typical, run-of-the-mill tonkotsu gyokai place. As I read the ticket machine, I could hear the staff debating what English phrase they could use to help me, the confused foreigner, come to a decision. Give me a minute, this is one of the most intense topping menus I have seen!

_DSC2693.jpg

The prices for toppings are so cheap, feel free to go crazy.

_DSC2681.jpg

Wontons, egg, kikurage, and spicy red peppers.

_DSC2687.jpg

More-or-less a normal bowl, but the choose-your-own adventure style topping list makes this spot.

_DSC2695.jpg


View Larger Map

千葉県柏市中央町5-14
Chiba-ken, Kashiwa-shi, Choucho 5-14
Closest station: Kashiwa

Open 11:30-15:00, 18:00-23:30
Closed Sundays and on the 3rd Monday of the month

No comments: