Saturday, December 24, 2011

天鳳 (Tenho in Nakanosakaue)

天鳳

_DSC1639.jpg

I had a few minutes to kill while my laundry did its thing. Local tantanmen shop Tenho has been on my radar for a while now. Great chance!

_DSC1643.jpg

Very crowded on the Emperor's birthday, a national holiday. At lunch, it's strictly noodles. I went with the No. 1 choice, tantanmen.

I've been searching, albeit lazily, for a great tantanmen shop in Tokyo. A few were good, but so far nothing is remarkable. It may be necessary to start going to expensive Southern Chinese hotel restaurants to find it. Not quite there yet though. Maybe next year.

_DSC1642.jpg

Totally normal. The addition of umeboshi was something new. Interesting. A pickled plum in spicy soup... not so good.

_DSC1637.jpg

Maybe the crowds were there for an end of the year drinking party.

_DSC1645.jpg




東京都中野区中央1丁目
Tokyo, Nakano-ku, Chuo 1
Closest station: Nakanosakaue

Open 11:00-14:00, 17:00-24:00

4 comments:

Kozo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kozo said...

My favorite tantanmen place is Rashohan (辣椒漢) in Kanda. The master trained in Sichuan、and his Tantanmen is, without a doubt, the best I've had in Japan.

kathrinjapan said...

I'm new to your blog and glad to have found it. I just returned from Hokkaido where I had delicious miso Ramen with corn, butter and the whole shebang. Is there any outlet for that type of ramen here in Tokyo?

Keep eating!
Kathryn
http://lostinrelocation.wordpress.com

BTW, your photos are spectacular!

Ramen Adventures said...

I will check out 辣椒漢!