Saturday, December 10, 2011

きむら (Kimura in Gunma)

きむら

_DSC1237.jpg

The train arrived at Minakami station with an hour or so to spare. Waiting for the shuttle bus to the remote mountain hot spring would be no problem at the local cafe. But the allure of ramen is persistent, and when you put more than 1 ramen maniac in the vicinity of each other, it was impossible to resist.

_DSC1224.jpg

This shop, like the crumbling old town it lives in, seems ancient.

_DSC1240.jpg

Is it ironic that the old bill-of-health certificates look like something out of a zombie flick?

_DSC1244.jpg

If the daruma's wish was for some horrid ramen, then I guess it makes sense.



群馬県利根郡みなかみ町鹿野沢1-28
Gunma, Rikongun, Minakamicho, Kanozawa 1-28

Open 11:00-18:00
Closed Wednesdays

2 comments:

Taro Bando said...

Welcome to Gunma and I am sorry about... Anyway, our prefecture have many wonderful Ramen shops. Please find another one around Takasaki or Maebashi area on your return trip. Have a nice trip and enjoy hot spring, please !

Ramen Adventures said...

Thanks Taro! I love Gunma actually. I lived there in the past. My trip was for hot springs this time. Next time I will plan a ramen only trip-