Monday, September 12, 2011

好日 (Kojitsu in Higashi-Nakano)

好日

DSC_8487.jpg

If you are looking for a new apartment, I can vouch for the real estate agent in Higashi-Nakano because, well, they found me my latest apartment. One of the joys of moving to a new place is discovering all of the local eats within walking distance. Higashi-Nakano was actually my first choice in locations to live in Tokyo. But as fate would have it, it was not to be, and I ended up down the road in Nishi-Shinjuku. Had things gone differently, Kojitsu may have become my regular ramen shop.

DSC_8486.jpg

Empty on a weekday afternoon, but I have a feeling that it livens up in the evening. This is a local shop for sure, run by local ladies, serving local style ramen; niboshi shoyu with hints of fried scallop and shrimp.

DSC_8484.jpg

The polar opposite of nearby Ringodo, with its heavy miso.

DSC_8482.jpg


東京都中野区東中野1-53-7
Tokyo, Nakano-ku, Higashinakano 1-53-7
Closest station: Higashi-Nakano

Open 11:30-14:30, 18:00-21:00
Closed Sundays

No comments: