Sunday, April 4, 2010

中華ソバ 櫻坂 (Sakura Zaka in Shibuya)

中華ソバ 櫻坂

20100331-IMG_0149

After the excellent bowl of nontraditional tomato ramen, Keizo and I did what we almost always do, eat another bowl. The adventure led us 2 stations away to Shibuya.

20100331-IMG_0151

Choosing from a list of highly ranked shops online, we came across Sakura Zaka. 櫻坂, the perfect kanji for the day, as we walked up a slope of blooming cherry trees to this shop.

20100331-IMG_0150

I went with the sakura salt ramen. Keizo went with the shoyu. Did I make the right choice?

20100331-IMG_0152

Nope!

20100331-IMG_0154

The shio was not so hot. A thick souped shio is my least favorite of the shios. It always seems to taste like the sauce at a cheap Chinese restaurant to me.

But Keizo's shoyu was pretty good! A little sweet, the thickness matched nicely. Actually, most people order the tsukemen here, but I wasn't feeling in the mood for heavy noodles. Probably won't feel it in the future, either. , as Shibuya has much much more to seek out.



More Shop Info Here



View Larger Map

1 comment:

SK said...

Would love to visit Japan again. (Been there only once) I could live off the ramen there. Excellent photos and great site.