Tuesday, March 24, 2009

楽々 (Rakuraku in Kichijoji)

楽々

DSC_0329
(From Kichijoji station go north to the Tokyu department store. It's in that area. The address is
吉祥寺本町2-8-9)

This shop was recommended by the staff at Nagi in Shibuya. It's down a little side alley in a rather hip part of Kichijoji. The shop touts itself as a regular old ramen shop at lunch time, and a cool music and dining bar at night. The staff was young and fresh, with tasteful facial piercings. Rebel enough to bring in the kids, but conservative enough not to scare away the old folks.

DSC_0328

Here it is, a salty tonkotsu ramen. All the elements were nice. Thick soup, great noodles, and one of the best eggs I've had in a while. It tasted like concentrated soy sauce.

But I'm a little bitter. I ordered the shiro ramen. The guy next to me ordered something different and it came with a big piece of seaweed that had been branded with the store's logo. How fun! Also I forgot my good camera lens and had to walk to the other side of the store just to take a picture of my food with my big telephoto lens.

But on the bonus side, this was another stamp on my Tamagumi Springtime Ramen Stamp Rally! 2 down, 10 to go-

3 comments:

Keizo Shimamoto said...

Wow! That looks so good!!!

Ramen Adventures said...

I'd be down to go again. I really want to try the nori with the logo printed on it. I'm OCD like that about ramen-

Keizo Shimamoto said...

One more week! Do you have any time off in April? I think I'm gonna backpack up through Hokkaido and then take a flight down to Kagoshima. From there I'll probably conquer Kyushu then travel back up to Tokyo. Dude, we gotta hit up that challenge! I'm ready!