Thursday, April 2, 2009

旅人の木 (Tabibitonoki in Kichijoji)

旅人の木

DSC_0470
(from Kichijoji station, go out the Central exit and turn left. It's about a 10 minute walk, just keep going straight. You will cross the main road after a minute and walk along a nice shopping street. Address is 3-23-9 Hon Chome)


The name of this shop means "Traveler's Tree". And yep, that's this traveler's motorcycle out front. Kick ass! This is number 4 out of 12 on my stamp rally card. It might be hard to do all 12 by the end of the month, but I'll try. I start a new job soon, so daytime ramen will be numbered.

DSC_0468

The master recommended the soy sauce ramen. Which I had with some 岩のり, a type of seaweed. It was well done, and I can understand why this place has a line on weekends.

DSC_0469

The shop seems to specialize in cold, soup-less noodles, but since it was a brisk April day, I went for something hot. Summer is just around the corner, so I might go back.

DSC_0467

And I've finally got plans to go to Ivan Ramen. Look for an upcoming review from myself and Keizo over at GO RAMEN!