Thursday, June 7, 2018

しま彰 (Shimasho in Wakayama)

中華そば しま彰

20171213-30

I had a very, very small inkling to check out Tama, the cat. The short story is that in order to save a dying train line, the terminal station promoted a local stray cat to stationmaster. They put a funny hat on him and tourists flocked. They redesigned the train after this feline, and now the train nerds had something to go for. Like I said, my interest was there, but not enough to warrant a trip.

Well, someone recommended Shimasho, a ramen shop along said train line. Shimasho is slightly lighter than the other shops in Wakayama I visited, but not by much. On a scale of one to Seino, I'd give this one a seven on the viscosity scale. Roadtrip worthy, but don't plan an entire vacation around it (save that for Seino).

Oh, and Tama the cat? It was his day off when I went.

20171213-38

This was part of a trip I took to Wakayama to check out the ramen taxi.



The entire writeup is here:

http://www.ramenadventures.com/2017/12/wakayama-ramen-adventure.html

Huge thanks to My Secret Wakayama for the opportunity.

https://www.mysecretwakayama.com/

20171213-29


和歌山県紀の川市貴志川町長原102
Wakayama-ken, Kinokawa-shi, Kishigawachonagahara 102
8 minute walk from Kanrojimae

Open 11:00-13:20, 18:00-soup runs out
Closed Tuesdays