Thursday, May 31, 2018

グリーンコーナー (Green Corner in Wakayama)

グリーンコーナー

20171212-12

I had already crushed two bowls of delicious Wakayama ramen, but I figured I would ask my taxi driver, an expert in local noodles, if there was a third spot that was both light and small. He knew just the place.

Green Corner is a diner-looking kind of spot, with some random dishes like curry and fried pork cutlets on the menu. Best of all, everything was cheap. And nothing was cheaper than the mini ramen; it cost 206 yen for a bowl. Topped with some green seaweed, green onions, and a bit of tempura bits. Crushed it!

20171212-14

It makes sense that a shop called Green Corner would have some tasty green ice cream. See you later Ramen Taxi!

20171212-13

No, I don't recommend Green Corner as a top ramen shop in Japan, but it was a decent local spot, and I'm glad I went.

This was part of a trip I took to Wakayama to check out the ramen taxi.



The entire writeup is here:

http://www.ramenadventures.com/2017/12/wakayama-ramen-adventure.html

Huge thanks to My Secret Wakayama for the opportunity.

https://www.mysecretwakayama.com/

20171212-11



1 Chome-1-1 Funazuchō, Wakayama-shi, Wakayama-ken 640-8255
20 minutes from Wakayama-Shi Station

Open 11:00-22:30