Monday, April 4, 2016

辣椒漢 (Lashohan in Komagome)

担々麺本舗 辣椒漢 駒込店

DSCF5583.jpg

I absolutely love the tantanmen at Lashohan in Kanda. I'd go so far as to say it is the best I've had in Japan. I've had more elegant bowls, that's for sure, but a bowl of the premium soupless tantanmen here is as close to an authentic Chinese bowl as you'll get.

DSCF5579.jpg

Well, now they have a branch in Komagome.

DSCF5582.jpg

A limited offering of Zao Ji was awesome. Chicken stewed in sake lees, the leftover product of making sake. Intensely flavorful.

DSCF5581.jpg

Okada-san has a bit more room to move around in this new shop.

DSCF5585.jpg

What can I say, I love this bowl. I suggest most people go with the normal version (upper left on the machine) on their first visit. The premium (just below it) is intense.

DSCF5591.jpg

What a rad place.

DSCF5587.jpg

By the way, they are located within walking distance of famed Tsuta, so you can do a double ramen adventure.

DSCF5589.jpg

Map of 1 Chome-29-8 Komagome, Toshima-ku, Tōkyō-to 170-0003

東京都豊島区駒込1丁目29-8
Tokyo, Toshima-ku, Komagome 1-29-8
Closest station: Komagome

Open 11:00-15:00, 18:00-22:00
Closed Wednesdays



3 comments:

Thomas R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thomas R said...

I was just here on Monday and I also went to the Kanda's shop two years ago (after reading your original post). I really have to thank you a lot Brian. My trips to Japan always involve checking out Ramen shop based on your posts.

Acextreme said...

So is Okada-san now manning the branch here in Komagome or the main shop in Kanda?