Thursday, March 3, 2016

麺や維新 (Ishin in Meguro)

麺や維新

DSCF5172.jpg

Ishin has been on my radar ever since they were given some attention from the Tokyo Michelin Guide. I had to see for myself what the fuss was about.

DSCF5153.jpg

Noodles are made daily at their Yokohama branch.

DSCF5170.jpg

This style, with homemade noodles, wontons, both chicken and pork chashu, and an egg is usually a winner. Ishin didn't disappoint.

DSCF5173.jpg

Worthy of the Michelin guide? Sure, why not. I'd rather get my ramen recommendations from elsewhere, and elsewhere also gives Ishin the go-ahead. No offense to the fine folks over at Michelin, I'm just confused as to their recent foray into the world of ramen criticism.

DSCF5175.jpg

Meguro is a bit famous as a ramen-heavy district of Tokyo, and Ishin sits very high among their neighbors.

DSCF5151.jpg

DSCF5186.jpg

Cooked at exactly 96 degrees, in case you were wondering.

DSCF5150.jpg

DSCF5148.jpg

Official site here.

Map of 3 Chome-4-1 Kamiōsaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tōkyō-to 141-0021

東京都品川区上大崎3-4-1
Tokyo, Shinagawa-ku, Kamiosaki 3-4-1
Closest station: Meguro

Open 11:30-15:00, 18:00-21:30
Closed Sundays



2 comments:

Steve D. said...

OK, Brian, to what do the colors of the buttons on the order machine correspond?
The magenta is the one which got recommended in the t(i/y)re guide? Can I suppose the yellow is shio? Then, what is the red?
Where is the ‘original’ shack in Yokohama, since that is where the noodles are made?

Ramen Adventures said...

Go upper left, that's the one I got.