Thursday, July 30, 2015

龍鳳 (Ryuho in Fukushima)

龍鳳

DSCF1990.jpg

To be honest, I'm not sure how I ended up here.

DSCF1984.jpg

I tried to go to this shop, in the heart of Fukushima City, but they were closed for the night. I also tried to go to the Filipino show club next door, but was told that they don't accept gaijins.

DSCF1985.jpg

Somehow ended up at a bar named after my drinking buddy's boyfriend, where another customer marked his favorite shop on my map. If I recall, he then guided us there, through the bustling streets of downtown Fukushima.

DSCF1988.jpg

Rajanmen, a spicy, Chinese style dish.

DSCF1993.jpg

It was spicy and hot and thick and sweet. Just what I needed at the time, though all that added sugar didn't help the next morning's hangover one bit.

DSCF1996.jpg

Apparently, the waitress at this shop gave me some of her recommendations. Now that's service!

DSCF1994.jpg

Fun little town around Fukushima Station.

DSCF1997.jpg

Map of 8-1 Okitamachō, Fukushima-shi, Fukushima-ken 960-8034, Japan

福島県福島市置賜町8-1
Fukushima-ken, Fukushima-shi, Okitamacho 8-1
Closest station: Fukushima

Open 6:00pm-2:00am
Closed Sundays

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"Doesn't accept Gaijins" LOL. Happened to me twice while I was in Japan earlier this year.

Kurt Mifsud Bonnici said...

"Doesn't accept Gaijins" .. How do you deal with that kind of stuff? Do you get that a lot?
Honestly, I would name the shop so we other gaijins can avoid it!

Ramen Adventures said...

It was a Japanese-style Filipino strip club. Most water trade places don't accept foreigners.

Philipp Maquinto said...

Filipino women being 2nd for foreign housewives in Japan. Such a shame still ongoing up to this day for those strip clubs. I thought that culture already died.