Thursday, April 3, 2014

俺の空 (Ore no Sora in Shinjuku)

俺の空新宿店

_DSC6782.jpg

I wanted to hate this bowl. You see, Ore no Sora (My Sky!) had a bit of a media outbreak a few years back. Instantly, their porky bowl was the latest trend, fueled by TV talents who are paid to love everything. Most of the local ramen nerds, though, weren't impressed. Universally, they agreed that it lacked substance, and overrated was an understatement.

_DSC6786.jpg

But I totally dug this one. Gone are the hour long lines, and I was slurping away mere minutes after arriving at their Nishi-Shinjuku branch.

_DSC6784.jpg

I think I would have been unimpressed if I had just waited in a long line. But I didn't, so I wasn't.

The shredded pork is a nice touch. Everything, the pork, the onions, the negi, it all melds into a great, slightly sweet broth.

_DSC6787.jpg

By the way, the original branch is in Takadanobaba, if that sort of thing is important to you.

_DSC6781.jpg



東京都新宿区西新宿1-3-13 I&Kビル1F
Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Nishi-Shinjuku 1-3-13
Closest station: Shinjuku

Open 11:00-22:30

1 comment:

Zendaddy said...

Thank you for this suggestion. It was one of three bowls I had while having a 36 hour stop over. Solid bowl in Shinjuku.