Monday, September 30, 2013

永福町大勝軒のお土産(Efukucho Taishoken Gift Pack)

永福町大勝軒のお土産

_DSC4372.jpg

How ironic. The site of my recent motorcycle accident was only a minute from one of the best ramen shops in Japan, Taishoken. Fitting that a good friend would show up at my apartment with one of their famous gift packs.

These gift packs are unique. Instead of a manufactured soup, something made to resemble the original, Taishoken fills a big jar straight from the same pot the in-store customers dine from. Along with fresh noodles and a pack of their special menma, this is about as close to the real thing as you can get.

_DSC4375.jpg

The soup, even when frozen, smelled fantastic. All that niboshi fishiness, with a hint of yuzu citrus. Fantastic.

And for someone stuck in a wheelchair on a 4th floor walk-up apartment, this was definitely something I needed.

_DSC4379.jpg

To be honest, the noodles didn't come out so great. This is most likely due to human error. The Ramen Adventure's kitchen isn't a place for cooking ramen. The timing, as well as the amount of time it takes me to get from the kitchen to the table, wasn't ideal. So I dumped some white rice in left over soup. Good stuff!

Kiss me once, kiss me twice, give me niboshi-pork-chicken soup with rice!

If you live in Japan, you can order online here, and have a bowl in the next couple of days. How cool is that!

No comments: