Friday, June 28, 2013

やよいそば (Yayoisoba in Takayama, Gifu)

やよいそば 角店

IMG_0024.jpg

I asked the cop where Yayoisoba was, and he just pointed at the sign for Yayoi bridge. Makes sense!

IMG_0023.jpg

This shop came recommended by a few ramen connoisseurs. Spot on, this was a great bowl. Look how black that soup is. Beautiful.

IMG_0025.jpg

Melt-in-your-mouth chashu, deep broth, and the noodles matched well. The soup is less fishy than other Takayama shops, though just by a little.

IMG_0029.jpg

Apologies for the weak photos from the Takayama set. The DSLR was out of batteries and I was forced to use my iPad. Yes, I was one of those guys taking photos with an iPad. I won't make that mistake again.

IMG_0031.jpg

Official Site Here



岐阜県高山市七日町1-43
Gifu-ken, Takayama-shi, Nanukamachi 1-43
Closest station: Takayama

Open 11:00-19:00
Closed Tuesdays

No comments: