Wednesday, November 28, 2012

盛楼閣 (Seirokaku in Morioka)

盛楼閣

_DSC8297.jpg

After a rather uneventful bowl of Morioka Reimen at Pyonpyonsha, I figured I would never be back.  But then a random conversation with a local led to another bowl.  You see, I was recounting my horrid tale of lackluster eats, and the sympathetic ear didn't want my rare trip to their hometown to be in vain. Seirokaku, a much tastier bowl of cold Korean noodles in their opinion, was a logical destination.

_DSC8298.jpg

Fool me once, shame on you, Morioka.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  Granted that the fruit topping here, a pear, was better than Pyonpyonsha's apple, and the teeny piece of meat floating somewhere in that soup was nice.  But, alas, I gotta say, when it comes to reimen . . .

Skip it!

_DSC8203.jpg

I'm outta here!

_DSC8300.jpg


View Larger Map


岩手県盛岡市盛岡駅前通15−5
Iwate-ken, Morioka-shi, Moriokaekimaedori 15-5
Closest station: Morioka

Open 11:00-2:00am

No comments: