Friday, March 16, 2012

も一回ソラノイロ (Return to Soranoiro)

_DSC3513.jpg

Neat business card. I had a chance to talk with Miyazaki-san, tencho at Soranoiro. This place is extremely busy at lunch, but in the evening it is a bit more leisurely. A perfect time for some ramen talk. Even though they are known as one of the best newcomers on the shoyu-scene, I was compelled to sample the vegetable offering on my first visit. Very good, and worth a try.

_DSC3544.jpg

Get ready for some collaborations. At the time-of-slurping, Soranoiro was making a shio wontonmen with noodles from across-town ramen shop Nyaganyagatei.

_DSC3553.jpg

Everything but the noodles are from Soranoiro, by the way.

_DSC3516.jpg

Great looking men!

_DSC3518.jpg

Nice execution. The wonton were super good and super big. So big that any attempt to lift one with the spoon resulted in said wonton reverting back to it's base ingredients. Using chopsticks is near impossible.

_DSC3530.jpg

Though the shio was good, the shoyu was better. Smoky and rich, this is a satisfying bowl.

_DSC3534.jpg

I mentioned collaborations a minute ago. Get ready for a ton of the hottest ramen shops in Tokyo to not only do an April bonanza of collabs, but a stamp rally / point card . . . with prizes. I'll let you know more when I know more!

_DSC3555.jpg

My camera is incapable of taking good photos in other people's hand.

3 comments:

Steve said...

What kind of camera/lens were you using for Sorano-Iro shots. Thanks!

Ramen Adventures said...

I've been using a Nikon D90 with Sigma 30mm lens for about 3 years now.

Ramen Raff said...

Lovin' your blog and youtube videos dude! Made my ramen crawl plan much easier haha I'll be staying close to this joint when I visit Tokyo soon. So excited! Awesome shots too!